On July 29, 2011, Bitdefender Total Security 2012 was released. The software program comes with some new and innovative features. The features are divided into ten panels. This means that you can get through them very fast by the click of an arrow button or by using the new slider found below these panels. You are able to drag all of these panels and put the most significant ones in the front for easy use. You can view your security status on the left side above the top menu. On the right side of the top menu, you can view your events, the settings and the auto pilot button. The program is user friendly, even after you have done the initial installation. You are able to easily and quickly browse through each of the functions. The newly added features include the auto pilot function. You don’t have to run a security check. You can just continue to work on your PC without getting any security alerts. Most antivirus software programs will interrupt your work and ask you to make decisions about deleting malwares and viruses. Bitdefender 2012 does not do this. This software program makes all the decisions instead for you. For those who are computer novices, this is an exciting feature. You don’t have to customize the software nor do you have to deal with pop-up notifications.
The software program scans links that you may receive from social media networks such as Facebook and Twitter. It monitors and manages all of your privacy settings. There is a quick scan feature that runs for about two minutes; in comparison to the full scan that last for more than three hours. The vulnerability scan will check your system for software updates and to be sure that your PC is always protected. There is a feature called Rescue mode, which is a great tool that removes immovable malware. It removes these malwares by rebooting your PC in rescue mode. BitDefender Total Security 2012 has tools that will optimize your PC. Some of those tools include the PC cleaner, disk defragmenter, and the duplicate finder, which looks for files that are duplicated and allows you to add folders. The registry cleaner does a repair on your system and fixes all errors. BitDefender Total Security 2012 will do an excellent job to protect your privacy. It is cost effective and you will receive periodic software updates.
Improved and new features
- Active Virus Control – Monitors processes behavior while they are running to detect new & unknown viruses
- Rescue mode – Reboots your computer in a trusted environment, which is used for cleanup and restoration
- Vulnerability Scanner – Checks for missing or outdated security software as well as potentially unsafe system settings
- Antispam – Stops unwanted e-mail from reaching your Inbox
- Two-way Firewall – Monitors your Internet connections and keeps strangers from accessing your Wi-Fi connection
- Personal Data Filter – Prevents critical data, such as your social security number, from ever leaving your computer
Bitdefender Total Security 2012 has automatic hourly updates or you may performe An Update By User Request at any time. You can configure the update and/or proxy settings using The Settings Tab.
Bitdefender Total Security 2012 has good online support for customers! You can use a few options of help:
- Email Support
- Free Phone Support not 24/7 in every countries
- Forum to find interesting discussions
- Knowledgebase with categorized list of questions
- Live Chat Support available 24 x 7
- In-Product Support to get answers to the most common product-related questions or contact technical support directly from the product
- Video Tutorials takes you step by step through the actions required to configure BitDefender